Head of the Department of Pharmaceutical Technology of the Faculty of Continuing Professional Development of Medical Workers of People`s Friendship University of Russia (RUDN University), Head of the International Association for Pharmaceutical Engineering and Head of the Common Use Center (Research and Educational Center) of RUDN University Rimma A. Abramovich (Bugakova) graduated from the Faculty of Pharmacy of Ryazan Medical Institute in 1988. In 1995 she defended her thesis for the degree of Candidate of Pharmaceutical Sciences in the specialty of "Pharmaceutics and Pharmacy Organization" on the topic "Creation and Research of Suppositories for Children Based on Glycyram, Antrаsenninum and Dry Aloe Extract". In 2013 she defended her thesis for the degree of Doctor of Pharmacy in the specialty of "Pharmaceutical Formulation" on the topic "Fundamentals of the Development and Formulation of Suppositories Using Domestic Substances".
Rimma is a member of the International Society for Pharmaceutical Engineering and in 2014 she was awarded the Order "For contribution to Russian Healthcare". A year later she was awarded the Order "National Asset" for her high professionalism in the development and practical application of new unique technologies by the Moscow Peace Foundation as well as the Letter of Acknowledgment of the Minister of Health of the Russian Federation for her active work in preparing the State Pharmacopoeia.
Some of her most important professional achievements are:
- creation of a new stable coformulated drug "Aloeferon", which has anti-inflammatory, immunomodulatory and antiviral effects;
- development of biopharmaceutical essentials of dosage formulations for rectal use based on domestic biotechnological and synthetic substances (immunomodulators and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs);
- production and validation of soft dosage forms;
- preclinical research and standardization of soft dosage forms;
- clinical trials of medicinal products;
- development of aerosols for inhalers;
- development of buccal pill layers.